Click to view a larger picture.
From left to right:
Top row: Mr Eugene Quake, Mrs Leong Wee Choo (CS Coordinator), Mr Leoben Yu (Technology Assistant), Mr Vicnes Kumar (ICT Executive), Mr Syamsul Anwar (HOD), Mr Chester Ong (LH), Mr Shen Jian, Mr Aw Kang Foong (LH), Ms Lee Poh Tin, Ms Ang Bee Lee, Mrs Beatrice Chia
Bottom row: Ms Nur Illya, Ms Michelle Cheong, Mr Low Chee Wah, Mdm Nadra
Not in picture: Mrs Toh Kai Poh (CPA Coordinator), Mr Sirajutheen, Mdm Siti Raihana, Mr Henry Yeo, Ms Justina Tan, Mr Jeffrey Chua, Mr Wee Hwee Shyan (AV TA)
A community of independent and competent individuals capable of using IT confidently and responsibly as an effective and efficient medium for acquiring, transmitting and managing knowledge.
1. To involve pupils in IT activities to promote higher-order thinking skills and collaboration
2. To integrate the use of IT in curriculum, instructions and assessments
3. To build capacity of staff in effective and engaging teaching using IT in the spirit of Teach Less Learn More
4. To enhance the administrative processes through more effective use of IT.
- Develop, prioritize, implement, monitor, evaluate and update both the long-range school IT plan and annual action plans which identify and address departmental needs and priorities in accordance with time lines for implementation.
- Plan for collaboration with industry partners and evaluate any proposals for the school
- Review and update acquisition procedures and plans
- Manage the technology budget, allocate funds and purchase of resources and support services
- Identify alternative funding sources
- Establish and maintain current inventory of all hardware, software and peripherals in the school
- Administer and develop guidelines for review/evaluation of software and access to IT resources
- Coordinate technology applications with instructional goals
- Supervise the effective utilisation of equipment and supplies
- Ensure that adequate technical support is available
- Develop and implement a plan for personal and professional growth
- Organise training programs on the use of software, hardware and specialised technology equipment
- Assist and coordinate the integration of IT in the curriculum.
- Set up support structures for teachers
- Plan and organise activities that help to cultivate an IT culture in the school
- Conduct staff sharing and discussion sessions
- Coordinate communication with other schools for sharing of ideas and lesson plans
Evaluation and Revision
- Monitor the implementation of the school IT plan
- Evaluate the school IT plan and make necessary revisions to ensure that the school is on track to achieving its vision.