Construction of the building began in September 1984 and was completed in December 1985. The school started functioning in January 1986 with an intake of about 450 pupils in ten Secondary 1 and two Secondary 2 classes, and a teaching staff of 15. It was officially opened by Mr Chai Chong Yii, MP for Bukit Batok in July 1988.
- Mr Ow Chiong Hoo: 1986 - 1997
- Mrs Mary Owyong: 1997 - 1998
- Mr James Ong Chye Hin: 1998 - 2004
- Mrs Tan Lay Hong: 2005 - 2010
- Mr Vasuthevan K Ramamurthy: since 2011
The history of Bukit View Secondary School shown at the 20th Anniversary Celebrations in 2006.
The transformation of the school's facilities during PRIME (Dec 2005 - Mar 2008).
A montage of the highlights of 2005-2010 shown at the 25th Speech & Prize Giving Day in 2011.
• First Swimming Carnival Held/ Track and Field/Speech Day/ Formation of the School Advisory committee and the School Management Committee
• First batch of GCE ‘O’ and ‘N’ Level students
• School’s official opening ceremony
• Walkathon held to raise funds for the construction of the Lecture Theatre
• Won National Mural Competition: Attained Best Award Winner-Top 5
• 1st Bukit View Young Designer’s Competition: Aimed at
- promoting design consciousness among pupils
- encouraging expression of creative ideas
• Awarded the Design Council School Award for Excellence in Design Education
• School organized its 1st Uniform Design Competition
• Walkathon held in April to raise funds for school programmes
• 10th Anniversary Celebrations
• Physical enhancements of the school included
- Painting of inspirational murals
- Improved landscaping
- Construction of a new block
• School goes single session
• Opening of Design Centre
• School receives it first Value-added Award (Normal/Academic) for the 2000 GCE ’O’ Level Exam
• Bukit View is also one of the Top 10 Value-added schools ((Normal/Academic)
• Bukit View is one of the Top 10 Value-added schools (Special/Express)
• School receives People Developer Award
• Awarded its first Sustained Achievement Award (Normal Academic)
• First Overseas Service-Learning organized (Kochi, India)
• Introduction of Elective Modules for Normal Academic and Technical Pupils
• Awarded its first Sustained Achievement Award (Special/Express) in 2006
• PRIME: Upgrading of school buildings start in 2006.
• School’s 20th Anniversary Celebrations held at Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel in June. Theme of Musical: Dare to Dream
• Start of 3-year Twinning programme with Shimen Experimental Middle School (Guangzhou, China)
• 2nd School Uniform Design Competition organized.
• School begins collaborations with polytechnics to offer Advanced Elective Modules (AEM) to students
• Implementation of new school uniform, starting with the Sec 1 pupils
• Launch of Eco-Garden
• Completion of PRIME (including the construction of new Indoor Sports Hall)
• Awarded its first Sustained Achievement Award (Aesthetics)
• Awarded the Character Development Award
• Adoption of the Marina Barrage
• Awarded its first Sustained Achievement Award (Uniformed Groups)
• Sustained greet Audit (Lotus Award)